Cystitis is a very common urinary system disease that affects mostly women. It is bothersome and painful and, in addition to irritation, can cause insomnia and limit us to some daily activities.
You should never intervene without a prescription, but very often, however, we resort to antibiotics that, in addition to damage the liver, sometimes do not act as they should. For this reason it is important to prevent cystitis and know the most suitable medicines to take, so that this urinary infection does not obscure our life day after day.
What are the causes of cystitis?
After our kidneys have performed their excellent task of cleaning the blood, they deposit the toxins in the bladder so that they are then expelled through the urine. This is why it is important, for example, that all the conduits that go from the kidney to the urethra are in perfect condition: free from obstructions and with an acidic environment that prevents the formation of bacteria. Sometimes, some factors related to age, pregnancy, menopause, some contraceptives, prostatitis, diseases such as diabetes or physical alterations of the urinary tract, etc., can cause the appearance of bacteria and the consequent obstruction of the urinary tract, favoring consequence, inflammation of urine or cystitis.
- Itching or burning while urinating.
- Pressure in the pelvic area.
- Continuous stimulation of urinating.
- Turbid urine and even blood in it.
Natural remedies for cystitis
Ideal to treat cystitis or urinary infection is to start a treatment with natural antibiotics to combat the presence of these bacteria in the urine.
- Cranberry: the main food to fight urinary infections thanks to antioxidant substances known as anthocyanins and carotenoids, including vitamin C. Its antiseptic and antibiotic function acts directly on the germs preventing, for example, that the bacterium E. Coli attaches to the walls of the urinary tract, while vitamin C strengthens the immune defenses by fighting the infection.
- Parsley and garlic: excellent foods with antibiotic properties. You can combine them with your meals or take them apart. Parsley is more effective when mixed with sour fruit juice, while for garlic, you can chop it and eat it with a little olive oil.
- Lactobacilli are equally beneficial: you can find them at the supermarket in fermented dairy products, for example. They help improve intestinal flora and produce antibodies.
- Diuretics: help to eliminate foreign bodies from the urinary tract and to fight water retention. It is essential to include in your diet asparagus, cucumber, celery, alfalfa and especially pineapple, very beneficial thanks to its anti-inflammatory properties.
Recommendations to avoid infections
- Increase fluid intake to inhibit the appearance of bacteria.
- Take Vitamin C, orange juice, lemon, pineapple, blueberry …
- Pay attention to intimate hygiene.
- Do not drink coffee, alcohol and green tea as they irritate the bladder and increase your discomfort.
As you can see, it is very easy to treat cystitis, it only takes will and a balanced diet in which liquids abound (especially cranberry juice). The fantastic properties of blueberry to combat infections have been scientifically proven. Nothing better then, that you always have at hand or the berry or juice that you can easily find in all supermarkets.